Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Camp Blessing and My 39th Birthday

 One of my favorite traditions. Camp Blessing. This place has a special place in our hearts. A week of serving and pouring our hearts in the special needs community. I volunteer as a cabin mom so that my kids are able to serve. The camp doesn't offer a program for kid helpers this young, so they need an adult with them. I gladly take on that title to expose my kids to the world around them. A part of the world they wouldn't know about otherwise. The world of special needs.





I would love for Camp Blessing to offer a program for young children to serve. I may just take that on myself. I sense a project coming on. Let's see where it goes! We had a blessed week. We loaded our trunks and took over a bunk room for the week. We got to work! 




We did laundry, the kids helped clean dishes after meals, helped take special needs kids from place to place. My kids were open hands and hearts. They soaked it all in. Hunter, especially, shines this week! His heart was made for special needs children and children in need. He is so empathetic and genuine. He is a magnet for those kids. It is such a gift to witness. His joy is contagious. I feel it is his calling. I also feel determined to help him find his place in this community. A place where he could maybe even have a future in growing and giving.  




Trent serves through labor. He was physically active all week. He is the hands of God this week. FaithAnn is the most relatable for these kids. They all love her and want to be her. It is precious to see them admire her, while she humbly accepts the love. She understands that she is called to serve with humility and joy! I am inspired. I am excited. I am grateful. I am thankful. I look forward to many more adventures with Camp Blessing. 


My birthday was during Camp Blessing week. I got showered with hugs, cards, kisses and priceless memories. Simple moments that mean the world to me. Good moments that I will never take for granted. 39 years old and ready for a lifetime ahead!!










No comments:

Post a Comment