Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Kicking off Summer

 Summer is MY FAVORITE time to spend with my kids. Literally, the best days of my life. I try to create fun, yet simple summer memories. Of course, I love vacations. But, I also love simple summer fun. It takes time and effort (on my part) to do these kinds of things, but I will never regret pouring in that effort with my kids. 





We kicked off summer with time at home. We got canvases and found a painting to copy. Our friends came over to add to the competition. The judges (Scott, Macy, Beau and Kate) all decided that #3 won. That was mine!! ha! But, I was so impressed with my kids talent. Except Trent. He didn't like his, so he dumped black paint all over it and quit. Annoying! We have also walked to the cake pop store and ice cream with cousins. We love having them nearby. 




We also invited a friend over to attempt a "Summer cake." I thought it would be fun and "easy" to make a rainbow layered cake. After HOURS in the kitchen...I assure you, it is not easy!! But, it was fun. We laughed and enjoyed our time together. 



FaithAnn got her summer nails and she is ready!! We have spent the first days of summer swimming, grilling, and of course....watching Trent's tournament football games. It's going to be a great summer! Let's do this!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment