Tuesday, August 30, 2022

CAMP!!! Pine Cove

 Alright....this is a big one!! First summer sleep away camp for the kids!! Camp Pine Cove for a week. We put stickers and pictures on their trunks and got ready for massive fun. We had a long packing list we had to follow. It was WORK for me to get them ready. I actually enjoyed this process. It was a form of nesting! Motherly love!! They had care packages every day to open! Some from me and Scott. One from Gigi, Macy, Ally and Jake. They got treats and love from home daily. 




There was a parade to enter camp, so we shoe polished our car and had silly string. A fun way to kick off the week. Trent and FaithAnn got to go together to one side of the camp (Silverado). While Hunter went to the older kid section (Outback.) But they were all at the same camp, one stop shop! 



They each had a few school friends with them, which made drop off super easy. We made their beds with extra TLC, got them situated, then drove away with happy hearts. They had a blast!! We checked their app daily for updated pictures. There were a few adorable one. But hands down...my favorite thing sent to me was Trent's camp letter!!! FaithAnn punched a boy in the stomach, and he ate a wasp! OMG!! I died laughing. This letter couldn't be truer to their personalities. Has to be my favorite thing Trent has ever written, and I will save it forever. 



Scott and I went away to Montana while they were at camp. So we flew in just in time to get a couple hours of sleep before driving to pick them up. Barely made it! Pick up day was ON TRENT's 10th BIRTHDAY!! I brought brownies to at pickup! 




But we all got home to piles and piles of laundry and loads of stories. It was a great week. I can't say that we will be the "every summer campers" kind of kids...but they sure had a blast. My kids all said they loved every second but would rather family vacations next summer. Done deal!!! That's a sign that I am doing summer right! I will try to keep it up...but whew....this momma is going hard! And I wouldn't change a thing. I love every second of creating memories with my kiddos. They grow fast! 





No comments:

Post a Comment