Tuesday, August 30, 2022

End of School (5th Grade Graduate!!)

Goodbye to another great school year. Hunter closed out his elementary school career! Here comes middle school. Wow, that went fast! A group of 5th grade moms and boys celebrated with a trip to Splashway. It was so fun, simple and the perfect way to close out such memorable years. 




Trent had a great 3rd grade year. We tested him for dyslexia because his spelling is still such a struggle. After months of paperwork and testing, the district passed him as "noy dyslexic." I am still not fully convinced. I would like for him to get some services, so I will keep working on it. But he breezed through the school year with confidence and joy! He still talks too damn much in class!! But gosh, the teachers adore his helpful, smart, involved personality! 



My sweet girl is still "perfect student/class pet!!" The teachers are obsessed with her. I get it...me too!! She is moving onto 3rd grade with an excited and eager heart. I decorated the yard for Hunter's last day of school. I got them all little summer treats to kick off summer! Books and homework organized in buckets for summer, they were thrilled, lol! But, I also gave them bags of cash for their summer pool money. Ice cream galore!! 



They rode off on their bikes all together, one last time. All at the same school for the final time. They had 4 years together, and I believe this helped their bond establish deep roots. We were so excited for Boogie Down Brittmore. Where the school and parents throw water balloons at the 5th graders as they run to the pool for their graduation party. Hunter was beaming, soaking in the moment. It was great fun. End of a chapter. A chapter that I will forever cherish. Time to fly, my sweet boy!! 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment